Haha, that's *exactly* how it went down. And then we had punch and cookies! Yay!
A few of the factors on the of/for issue:
* Do we want to make it different from the previous game? On the one hand, different helps emphasize that this is a new game. On the other hand, is it confusing?
* Will people say "for" anyway, even though it's really "of"? (answer: yes.
* "of" gives a sense of a world "full of" keflings, which is good, 'cause it is!
* And you're not really creating a world for
them, you're creating individual kingdoms, but within a world that already exists...
* "for" lends itself to people saying "fer", which is not ideal. "of" has a more classical story tone. "Once upon a time, in a far off magical land of keflings..."
* Does it sound
right? "a world of" just has a different tone to it, you know?
I know, it's obsessive...