Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Games » Band of Bugs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:14 am 

No problem.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:27 pm 
NinjaBee

Hmm, yeah, that's a good point. I guess we're going to get better pictures out of the map editor, especially since you can hide the map editor UI.

Maybe I should relax that rule, but I'd still like to know that the map actually works. Maybe just one picture should be from the game. I know, it's a bit late to be changing the rules. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:07 pm 
NinjaBee

OK, here's the list of Judges I have that answered on the thread about Judges. Did I leave anyone out, or did any of you decide you wanted to enter the contest instead? We'll stop taking entries tonight at midnight PST.

Sunnycool
dezombie
staticwrap
LunarDuality
Lifeforce
AC91

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:08 pm 

Kaeporo wrote:
staticwrap wrote:
Yeah, Xbox's break around here faster than you changing your avatar...

And hopefully it work out between you and AC.

I can't even get in touch with him. Where is he? :(
The contest is over tomorrow...

Sorry guys, I have been have massive computer problems the past few days. I didn't know if I would be able to get anything to work today, so I sent my images via phone to Kaeporo. I am assuming he got them, but Outlook isn't one of the things working right now.

Kaeporo wrote:
I know. I'll be slightly annoyed if he magically appears after the contest is over. Well, such is life. :? You try hard and fail at everything. :(

This will be a fast contest...

I understand that you were just anxious for the pics to enter, but do remember, without me you wouldn't even have a chance at the contest. :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:11 am 

Sorry for any troubles with the pictures. I am unsure whether I will be able to find a friend who can play my map with me tonight. So, I might be out of luck in obtaining an in game shot. If it is any consolation, I can assure you that my map is playable and has been played on.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:18 am 
NinjaBee

Wi1d Ey3d Jok3r wrote:
I can assure you that my map is playable and has been played on.

Well, that's all I'm really asking for, honestly.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:21 am 

Well... the name of the map I'm submitting is Ice Fish.

Essentially, two rival tribes come to an intersection, and are forced to fight one another off if they are going to claim the abandoned territory they've discovered.

The game can begin in, for the most part, two ways. You can destroy the barricade and claim an Ice Seed, seen here: http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 026xt4.jpg
or you can attack the others directly, and destroy the barricade when enemies are close by it.

Eventually, there will be a brawl before the ice refreezes in the center. And as you can see, a blue pikeman is making use of the ice seed: http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 027iz2.jpg

Once the ice refreezes, it's all about the grenades by the hideout, as is made evident here:
http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 029jq7.jpg

If your curious of the reason for why I named the map Ice Fish, it's because I placed fish in the Ice, which can only be seen when the ice has cleared above them.

P.S. I hope this isn't too late, it's 10:21 where I live.

Edit: (this is an Elimination map)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:28 am 
NinjaBee

Nope, not too late. We'll go with midnight PST, which is about 4.5 hours from now.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:16 am 

I am getting nervous with Kaeporo. I didn't get him the pictures until last night, but he hasn't posted them yet. I am just hoping he got my e-mail. I sent out 3 seperate ones... One of them I sent to myself along with him, and I recieved it, so hopefully he should have it up.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:28 pm 

AC91 wrote:
I am getting nervous with Kaeporo. I didn't get him the pictures until last night, but he hasn't posted them yet. I am just hoping he got my e-mail. I sent out 3 seperate ones... One of them I sent to myself along with him, and I recieved it, so hopefully he should have it up.

Power went out last night because of the storm. I think it's too late to post them. /Slits Wrist/ :?

I'll post them anyway...

Glass Spring
One versus one-Tactical

The map takes place in a city constructed of ice. Spore pods line the city, providing an instant kill to any unit adjacent to them. Power weapons lie in the middle of the map and require much effort to obtain. However, the risk is worth the reward because they can turn the tide of the battle in your favor.

Power items- Fire nectar, Bomb, Ice seed

As previously noted, Spore pods place an extremely important role in this map. Archers become extremely important units because of their ease in destroying spore pods. Pikeman also benefeit greatly by switching to the halbred, since it allows them to strike a diagonal spore pod, thus drowning a unit.

Both teams spawn on opposite sides of the map. They can procede from that point around the base of their ice tower to flank the enemy or continue towards the middle of the map. The direct middle is overlooked by each teams ice tower, which is connected by a long bridge.

The connection can be severed by destroying the spore pod in the center of the bridge. This not only destroyes the upper bridge and limits travel for 3-4 turns but it also limits the flank passage. An ice seed lies dead center of the bridge.

The middle of the map holds the bomb, which is protected by a rather nasty spore pod which can impeed traffic in that area. Archers can easily reach this spore pod and tend to set it off.

Leading to the middle of the map and the main tower, (which lies opposite the team towers main bridge) is a small passageway with a single spore pod. This is an excellent place to halt the other team, if you can get there fast enough.

The main tower holds a fire nectar and is very difficult to traverse because of its construction. Although its reward (at the top) isn't as great as the bomb, you have a great advantage by simple taking this tower. It tends to be extremely difficult to take back.

Lastly, each team's main tower has a spore pod which limits access to the bridge. A strong nectar lies dead center in each tower.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:31 pm 

Hopefully Stay can bend rule number 8 using rule number 15 so me and
BSM471 will still be counted...

Thanks anyway AC91. You've at least given me some hope.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:16 pm 
NinjaBee

The contest is now closed and no further entries will be accepted.

Kaeporo: I realize you're dealing with several extenuating circumstances, but a severe further problem is rule 11:
Quote:
11. When the candidates are narrowed down to 3, members of the NinjaBee staff will play the levels and pick a winner. The three final candidates will need to be available for sharing their levels over Live with a NinjaBee staff member from August 16th 2007 to August 23rd 2007.

Is there a way we can play your level with someone? If you can arrange someone to proxy for you on this, we'll accept that. Let me know right away. But it may be simpler for you to just enter the next contest... :(

OK, next stage: Judges feel free to discuss the maps here, now that further changes and new entries are not allowed. Let's handle the voting this way:

Judges: Decide on your 2 favorite maps, ranking them 1 and 2, and let me know privately (I would prefer e-mail either to stay at wahoo dot com or contest at ninjabee dot com). We'll take the top 3 from those votes and decide on the winner here at NinjaBee. Please vote before Monday so this doesn't take forever...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:51 pm 

Wow, that picture quality was even worse than I thought it would look. Lol. If you compare those pictures from the Cingular 8525 (nice phone) to my 2 year old Sony Ericsson z500a (pics from the Cloning Clyde contest), my old crap phone has better quality. That is just weird.

I can't wait to really look over the entries. This will be fun. I do know that I will try to contact everyone who posted to play the maps myself (after I vote though), because every single one of them looks fun! :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:17 pm 

stay wrote:

Kaeporo: I realize you're dealing with several extenuating circumstances, but a severe further problem is rule 11:
Quote:
11. When the candidates are narrowed down to 3, members of the NinjaBee staff will play the levels and pick a winner. The three final candidates will need to be available for sharing their levels over Live with a NinjaBee staff member from August 16th 2007 to August 23rd 2007.

Is there a way we can play your level with someone? If you can arrange someone to proxy for you on this, we'll accept that. Let me know right away. But it may be simpler for you to just enter the next contest... :(

OK, next stage: Judges feel free to discuss the maps here, now that further changes and new entries are not allowed. Let's handle the voting this way:

Judges: Decide on your 2 favorite maps, ranking them 1 and 2, and let me know privately (I would prefer e-mail either to stay at wahoo dot com or contest at ninjabee dot com). We'll take the top 3 from those votes and decide on the winner here at NinjaBee. Please vote before Monday so this doesn't take forever...

I know, I know. :(

AC91 has my map. If my map was to make it past initial judging, then i'm sure that he would be happy to host a simple match for some Ninjabees. Am I right? :D

The quality of the pictures is good enough to get the point across, I suppose. It looks excellent in-game, however.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:40 pm 

Kaeporo wrote:
stay wrote:

Quote:

I know, I know. :(

AC91 has my map. If my map was to make it past initial judging, then i'm sure that he would be happy to host a simple match for some Ninjabees. Am I right? :D

The quality of the pictures is good enough to get the point across, I suppose. It looks excellent in-game, however.

I would play one of you on it for you all to get the map, no problem.

I will vouch for Kaeporo and say it looks better in game. Of course, I would guess all of the other ones look a lot better in game as well. I think the lighting of a map really enhances it. A little darker map looks a lot better in certain situations.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Board index » Games » Band of Bugs