Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Games » Band of Bugs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:10 pm 

Orion1189 wrote:
I'll hopefully be posting a map shortly. I've had a ton of fun with it. Have it set up for 2 on 1 right now, but can easily be a great 1 on 1 map. Taking photos at this very moment.

:( I wish I could participate...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:12 pm 

The map is called Dragon Claw, and is currently set up for 2 on 1 matches. The general idea is that 2 small forces are working together to assault a stonghold protected by one large force. The two smaller teams are composed slightly sifferently, so that they must pool their resources to produce one effective fighting force against the single powerful foe (who has advantages of numbers and height). The battlefield is also littered with useful items to balance out teams and give players an edge over their opponent/s.

Hope you like it. :)

Last edited by Orion1189 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:16 pm 

Sorry about the poor quality of the screenshots. I just snapped them with my digital cam. I'd give anything for a good image capture device. Of course, I'd also give anything for a good HDTV. Oh well. :cry:

Last edited by Orion1189 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:22 pm 

Hopefully I can get a hold of AC before the day is out. If I wasn't a judge, I think I have a map that would give you guys a run for your money. Too bad, so sad.

I really expected like 10-15 submissions. This is going to be a quick contest.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:39 pm 

staticwrap wrote:
Hopefully I can get a hold of AC before the day is out. If I wasn't a judge, I think I have a map that would give you guys a run for your money. Too bad, so sad.

I really expected like 10-15 submissions. This is going to be a quick contest.

I know. I'll be slightly annoyed if he magically appears after the contest is over. Well, such is life. :? You try hard and fail at everything. :(

This will be a fast contest...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:12 am 

Wow, why couldn't I have seen these Forums earlier?

I don't have much in the way of maps, but I figured I would toss my creation in to the mix (since there are so few entries... one more wouldn't hurt.) I apologize with the pictures, but my TV didn't want to be photographed, so I had to use a strange angle to capture anything.

Map Entry of Flux13 (It's my Username and Gamertag... handy.)

Description: A map played many times with varying victors, it goes with the basics.
The composition of the teams couldn't be further apart, and each must utilize the map in various ways.
Defense: Fire Mage, Artillery, Warrior, Archer, Grunt x 2
Offense: Healer, Royal Guard, Archer x 2, Rogue x 3
The levels also vary, with the magic-users resting at Level 9, and the Grunts and Rogues resting at the lower levels.

The main theme is elevation, which the walls help to focus on. They can be a great outpost for the archers, while the edge of the map proves risky for the Offense, susceptible to the Defense's Grunts and Warrior ready to push units off the map. The elevated walls serve as defensive posts and protection, standing out against the mountain in the middle.
The escape point is protected by an Artillery and Fire mage at the start, two ribs looming over it. Only rogues can rush over the Artillerys gap, while the lower portion remains accessible to all.

Thank you for your time in examining this entry, and the best of luck to all entrants.

Last edited by flux13 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:14 am 

It's very red, thats for sure.

If nothing else, we have a very varying bunch of entries.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:26 am 

Just to make sure, tommorrow is the last day I can submit my map, not the first day that I can't, correct? My map is ready to be submitted, but I'd rather submit it late, since it is possible for others to have a look at my map and edit there own before submitting it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:27 am 

Tomorrow is the last day to submit. I am assuming August 17th is the day when you would be ineligible.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:29 am 

Hmm... it was a bit late to ask that, but thank you for answering.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:23 am 

First Off, thank you NinjaBee for creating such an epic XBox Arcade title, for hosting this level design contest, and for taking the time to read my submission. I hope I catch your interest. :o

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The map I chose to submit is named Scorpian Gauntlet. This map is a symmetrical narrow rectangle that steadily increases in elevation. Scorpian Gauntlet bears a similar resemblance to a staircase for it posesses three stuctures, resemling stairs, and a plain, resembling a stair landing. Located in the center of the map lies a pit, of which units are able to both enter and exit. With Team Blue positioned on the base of the staircase and Team Red at the top, the quickly changing sitautions provide an adaptive multiplayer experience. Each team requires its player to accurately plan and carry out strategies in corespondence to the team's strong points, while offering a variation of tactics.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/CursedOne666/OverView.jpg

Team Blue posses two level 6 archers which provide range support against the elevation. The team also sports two level 8 grunts and two level 6 warriors as the direct attack. At the start, this team is positioned at the foot of a single staircase. This team must quickly move to the landing or face being bottlenecked within its starting location. Upon advancing, the team has a variety of optional tactics to deploy. First, the team could use its direct attackers to fend off the opponent and rely on its range support. Also, The team has the option of using its grunts to push the enemy into the central pit and fire upon them with its range units. To play towards either strategy, Team Blue has the option of using its rogues as either range or close combat units. These two units can be used to offer additional indirect support or sneak behind the enemy for some quick attacks.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/CursedOne666/TeamBlue.jpg

Team Blue:
(left to right)

Front Row:
Grunt, level 8
Warrior, level 6
Warrior, level 6
Grunt, level 8

Rear Row:
Rogue, level 6
Archer, level 6
Archer, level 6
Rogue, level 6

Team Red is the counterpart of team blue and starts at the top of the staircase. This team has support from four level 8 grunts; as well as, a level 6 barbarian. Additionally, Team Red has one level 8 archer and one level 6 fire mage. It is clear that this team must value its units, since it posses once fewer than Team Blue. However, Team Red has many distinct strategic options to use over its opponent. For one, Team Red can utilize the pit in the center of the map by pushing enemies (and damaging them) into it with the grunts. This act also opens the enemy units up to the archer and the fire mage’s area of effect spells. Additionally, this team can attempt to block the enemy within its spawn, using the quick speed of the grunts, and rain fire upon them with the mage.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/CursedOne666/TeamRed.jpg

Team Red:
(left to right)

Front Row:
Grunt, level 8
Grunt, level 8
Grunt, level 8
Grunt, level 8

Rear Row:
Archer, level 8
Barbarian, level 6
Fire Mage, level 6

Last edited by Wi1d Ey3d Jok3r on Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:29 am 

I know double posting is bad, but I can't figure out how these message boards support images. Apparently, html coding is not supported. :(

If anyone could offer any help I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, you'll have to copy and paste the address.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:43 am 

Wi1d Ey3d Jok3r wrote:
I know double posting is bad, but I can't figure out how these message boards support images. Apparently, html coding is not supported. :(

I've fixed your post. It looked like valid BBCode except there were speech marks in it; did someone else edit it <i>before</i> [sic] I did?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:53 am 

Wild Eyed Joker, I believe you are supposed to have images of your map out of the level editor to prove that they work, but your map seems fine, so I don't know if it matters...

Edit: AND your only allowed three images, as well.

Edit, again: It appears you posted the same image twice, giving you 3.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:34 am 

I know my images were not supposed to be from the editor. The catch is, the only method I had available to take these pictures produced small images (not to mention very unclear). I tried taking some of the images in game, but you couldn't make anything out with all the interface present. :cry:

Thank you for the image help... I don't know what happened.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Board index » Games » Band of Bugs