Stuck beyond repair?

Discussion about A World of Keflings

Moderator: ninjabees

Laguna

Stuck beyond repair?

Postby Laguna » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:01 pm

Hello. So far in my search, I've only seen one other person mention this, so Idk if it's common or not. Thing is, I'm totally stuck with no idea what to do.

In case this is relevant at all, I downloaded the Wii U version yesterday.

First of all, King Kefling keeps giving me the quest to put the princess in the Academy. I've done it 10,000 times, but it makes no difference. Nothing ever happens.

Other things I have completed, for reference:
> Painted a bunch of houses. Have 2 Country Cottages, actually.
> Got the big lady on my team (I can't remember her name, sorry)
> Got Scoobs on my team
> Built the Keep
> Built the University, but only have 2 books (had to steal one from the Academy).
> Have returned to Ice Village a couple times just because, but nothing is going on there. It just says to go back and build the Keep (which I've already done).
> Built the Inventor's Lab. He sent me on a quest to get 3 parts for him, but one is on the island and I have no way to build a bridge.

Gifts I've received:
> Witch's Mystery Gift
> Stone Cutter's Mystery Gift
> Carpenter's Mystery Gift
> The Country Cottage Heart
> Some Gears
> I've gotten 2 eyeballs over the course of everything
> Various blueprints and hearts

In the Icy area, I've built the Firepit, a few little Snow Houses, the Ice Carver, and the Great Hall--just enough to get to the next area. Nothing else has happened there.

In the Forest area, I've built every single building up to the Inventor's Lab (including Fountain Workshop and Florist), but can go no further. I've completed the witch's quests of finding the puppy dreams (to get Scoobs) and the scaring 2 Keflings quest. I've read about needing to make the king dance, but he's forever stuck on putting the princess in the Academy and using the dance emote doesn't trigger anything. For what it's worth, I never had to find the princess--she was always just walking around. Either that or I found her by chance while not paying attention...?

I'm at a complete standstill and really, really want to know what to do. I may have to restart if I did something incorrectly. I don't want to do that until I know for sure that's the only solution. I'd really appreciate any advice anyone could give! Thank you in advance! ^_^

Edit:
I've read a number of other people's issues and have a question: Who the heck is the Metal Trader? Or any of the traders for that matter?

Edit 2:
My Wii U blew up last night in the middle of playing this game. Buzzing and it just died. It's only done that once before. Could that have anything to do with it?
DWhite6666

Re: Stuck beyond repair?

Postby DWhite6666 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:38 pm

I am at this exact point also. Using the Wii U, I have built the university and inventor, but the king keeps telling me to put the princess into the academy and she just slips out the front door when I do. I never got the quest to find the princess. I can't get the Forest king to send me back to the Ice Kingdom and I can't continue.
Jeyefunk
NinjaBee

Re: Stuck beyond repair?

Postby Jeyefunk » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is a blocking bug we weren't able to track down to fix.

We're not sure, but we believe that it has something to do with breaking the Academy and rebuilding it before the "Squiggly Alphabet Things" quest has activated.

Sadly, you'll have to start over to get past it. To be safe, when playing it don't break the Academy until after you've finished the "School of Hard Knocks" quest.

I'm sorry, I wish I had better news than that.

DWhite6666 wrote:I am at this exact point also. Using the Wii U, I have built the university and inventor, but the king keeps telling me to put the princess into the academy and she just slips out the front door when I do. I never got the quest to find the princess. I can't get the Forest king to send me back to the Ice Kingdom and I can't continue.

Return to “A World of Keflings”