Known AWoK Windows 8 Issues

Discussion about A World of Keflings

Moderator: ninjabees

bsktcase

Re: Known AWoK Windows 8 Issues

Postby bsktcase » Sun May 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi,

Lost all unlocked emotes AND the music-note emote no longer works to get Keflings to dance. TWICE. (Laugh, cheer, scare, still work on Keflings.)

Discovered this on the Princess wedding dance quest - the no-dance part of the bug was a showstopper. (Dance had previously worked on the King or I couldn't've gotten to that point.) Quit, deleted the game, started a new game and resolved to watch the emotes situation closely to see where it went wrong.

Just finished busting Scooby out of the amber and noticed the unlocked emotes are gone again. Tried dancing in front of Keflings: no go.

I very recently did the one where you scare two Keflings and it seemed like everything was OK then (but the scare emote isn't one of the ones you lose with this bug, so it's possible the unlocked ones were gone then and I did not notice).

I happened to have 4 saves within Chapter 2 and went back to check all of them - ALL are missing the unlocked emotes. I don't think that's accurately reflecting the state they were in when they were saved, because at least a couple of them required the emotes to be unlocked to have gotten to that point in the game. This makes me suspect the bug is nuking emotes retroactively or upon load.

I'm not highly motivated to start another game at this point. :C

Any news? I just got extremely addicted (again; was an Xbox player) so this is quite distressing!
Captain Jax

Postby Captain Jax » Mon May 06, 2013 6:45 pm

bsktcase, (haha, by the way :) )

I'm very glad that you took the time to report this issue. So far we have only had one person report it, and the more people we work with, hopefully the easier the problem will be to locate and solve. I'll notify our QA and have them get in contact with you.

One thing I do know is that the emotes are linked to your AWoK preferences profile, so having that get corrupted will ruin the emotes across all saved games. Since if you start a new game you maintain any previously unlocked emotes, they are saved to a universal file, not the saved game itself. This corruption/loss appears to be the problem, but we have so far been unable to figure out why it is happening.
TripBolt

Postby TripBolt » Thu May 09, 2013 1:06 am

I've encountered the 'Socialite' problem for talking to all quest givers. I have talked to everyone but still no achievement.
I've done all of the following:

- Done all the quests listed in the accompanying thread
- Connected to Live the whole time
- Talked to the robot
- Talked to the Genie
- Built every house, done all related quests, etc.
- Done the same in a second playthrough

After two thorough playthroughs I still can't get this achievement to unlock.

Is this issue going to be addressed by a patch?
bsktcase

Postby bsktcase » Fri May 10, 2013 12:33 pm

Captain Jax wrote:bsktcase, (haha, by the way :) )

Captain Jax wrote:I'm very glad that you took the time to report this issue. So far we have only had one person report it, and the more people we work with, hopefully the easier the problem will be to locate and solve. I'll notify our QA and have them get in contact with you.

That happened, and I've been working with them, and they are awesome. I hope it'll be helpful. Thank you!

bc
restlesslink

Postby restlesslink » Fri May 10, 2013 6:20 pm

bsktcase wrote:Hi,

Lost all unlocked emotes AND the music-note emote no longer works to get Keflings to dance. TWICE. (Laugh, cheer, scare, still work on Keflings.)

Discovered this on the Princess wedding dance quest - the no-dance part of the bug was a showstopper. (Dance had previously worked on the King or I couldn't've gotten to that point.) Quit, deleted the game, started a new game and resolved to watch the emotes situation closely to see where it went wrong.

Just finished busting Scooby out of the amber and noticed the unlocked emotes are gone again. Tried dancing in front of Keflings: no go.

I very recently did the one where you scare two Keflings and it seemed like everything was OK then (but the scare emote isn't one of the ones you lose with this bug, so it's possible the unlocked ones were gone then and I did not notice).

I happened to have 4 saves within Chapter 2 and went back to check all of them - ALL are missing the unlocked emotes. I don't think that's accurately reflecting the state they were in when they were saved, because at least a couple of them required the emotes to be unlocked to have gotten to that point in the game. This makes me suspect the bug is nuking emotes retroactively or upon load.

I'm not highly motivated to start another game at this point. :C

Any news? I just got extremely addicted (again; was an Xbox player) so this is quite distressing!

Can i ask what you playing ot on i had these problerms im playing it on microsoft surface i am starting to think the problerms only come up on surface
bsktcase

Postby bsktcase » Fri May 10, 2013 8:02 pm

restlesslink wrote:Can i ask what you playing ot on i had these problerms im playing it on microsoft surface i am starting to think the problerms only come up on surface

Mine's an Acer Iconia with Win8 Pro. Similar but not quite same.
Junkdewd

Postby Junkdewd » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:22 am

restlesslink wrote:Can i ask what you playing ot on i had these problerms im playing it on microsoft surface i am starting to think the problerms only come up on surface

I am playing an a Windows 8 desktop PC and have the same glitched socialite. Pretty disappointed that I have supported nijabee over all of their games and they are giving us a big screw you on this one. I won't spend any more money on their games, that is for sure.
Captain Jax

Postby Captain Jax » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Junkdewd,

I assure you that we have been trying very hard to find a solution to this bug. Unfortunately it is an extremely rare problem and so far we have been unable to reproduce the bug here at the studio. We would appreciate it if you would be willing to help us out. The more people we can communicate with about a particular bug the more likely we are to find a solution. I'm going to PM you with some contact information for our QA lead. We appreciate your support and assure you that we always try to fix the bugs in our games.

Edit:
Just as I finished posting this our QA lead come to talk to me. Turns out we have a potential fix in the works for the Socialite Achievement bug that they are starting to test. If everything works out OK the fix should be available soon. I'll let you all know when it is live. Thanks again for taking the time to post about the issue!
palnew

Postby palnew » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:32 am

:cry:
i got Loss of Emotes issue :

i've completed the game twice!!
both having this issue, i lost the Emotes that i earned.
so i can't unlock the "GIANT BOOGIE" achievement..
will it be fixed? :cry:

i'm using Microsoft surface RT and also sure that i was online all the time during the game.
Captain Jax

Postby Captain Jax » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:46 pm

It's been a month so I thought I'd post an update on the Socialite achievement bug. We are still testing out our fix for the bug, because for some reason it is not working as expected. :? I'll keep posting as the situation changes, sorry for the delay!
Tuvix519

Postby Tuvix519 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:25 pm

Captain Jax wrote:It's been a month so I thought I'd post an update on the Socialite achievement bug. We are still testing out our fix for the bug, because for some reason it is not working as expected. :? I'll keep posting as the situation changes, sorry for the delay!

Is there anything I can do to help this along? I need this achievement to pop for my profile. I wish you guys the best of luck in figuring it out.
Captain Jax

Postby Captain Jax » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:48 pm

I appreciate the offer, Tuvix519, but it's just a matter of in-house testing to get it working. Hopefully that will happen soon, but we're really busy here with lots of projects. Our QA manager is pretty swamped! However, I am diligently bugging them about it, and will continue to do so until it is fixed. :D
toby 1k no be

Postby toby 1k no be » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:04 pm

I started this game yesterday. Finished it today. However like many others, socialite didnt unlock.

It's now been another month since you last posted.... Any news?
Captain Jax

Postby Captain Jax » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:37 pm

Hey, toby, thanks for asking! I'm sorry I don't have good news for you. :(

Unfortunately we've been completely swamped with some really big projects around here, and the fix for that achievement has had to be put aside temporarily. I do want to guarantee you that it is still on our "to-do" list. We'll soon have some of these bigger projects winding down, so my hope is that it'll get done really soon, but I can't promise any specific dates just yet. I'll post again as soon as there is some news.
toby 1k no be

Postby toby 1k no be » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:31 am

Thanks for the reply, it is more than most developers. Just hoping it doesn't get so far down the list and forgotten about.

Since some people are able to unlock it and others aren't and you guys have been able to reproduce it do you know what causes it? If so I can start a new play through and avoid the trigger rather than waiting for the patch?

if that's not possible, then is the patch likely to need you to play through the game again or will loading up a save on chapter 8 get you the achievement?

I also just noticed that on the first page it said it maybe due to Xbox live disconnection, I was online The whole time I assure you.

Return to “A World of Keflings”