AWoK: Alien DLC Issues

Discussion about A World of Keflings

Moderator: ninjabees

Stahp

Re: AWoK: Alien DLC Issues

Postby Stahp » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:29 am

Hi,

You are now talking about a new DLC for AWoK... Great, but what about the issue with the Alien DLC ?
There's still a Xbox360 freeze when playing in french. There's no patch for that.

Regards

Stahp
Captain Jax

Postby Captain Jax » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Stahp,

The French language freeze has been fixed, but it requires you to be connected to Xbox Live when you start the game. You should also stay on the main menu for about 30 seconds to be sure the patch uploads before going into the game. I know that's a pain, but it's the only fix for now until we get out a full Title Update.

There is a Title Update in the works for World of Keflings, but there is no known release date for it. All I can say is that there are good reasons for its delay, and it will be released as soon as possible.
jensixstones

Postby jensixstones » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:37 am

It's been months and I'm still waiting for a fix. I've played through several times, changed my avatar, re-downloaded both the game and DLC--all to no avail. It's too bad I can't get a refund for the DLC since that has never worked. :(
-Jen
DShrike

Postby DShrike » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:33 am

So I just signed up to this forum to share my experience and what I found with the Infinite Loading issue on It Came from Outer Space.

My wife purchased AWoK and finished it, as she loved AKoK. Then she bought the Alien DLC and ran into the Infinite Loading issue and asked to take a look for her. Here is some info about her account:

XB 360 Slim 4GB + 20GB HDD
XB Live Silver
Bought AWoK
Bought It Came From Outer Space (ICFOS)
2 save files
Has finished AWoK
Changed Avatar costume from a purchased outfit to normal free clothing
Changed time formats, zones and languages
Nothing worked.

Now here is the interesting part:

So I tried an Offline account was created after AWOK was completed by my wife.
This account can access the content purchased on her account.
This account is not associated with an XB Live ID.
Normal clothing on avatar, in fact the whole account is basically bare bones (never used).
No save files for AWoK (or any game for that matter).
Launched AWoK and started a new game for ICFOS. What do you know? It can load It Came From Outer Space DLC fine.

This isn't a perfect fix as my wife would like to play it on her account and get the achievements, but for now, she can at least play the DLC she paid for. I'm hoping my finding may be able to help the Devs out. Feel free to contact me on here or via my gamertag (DShrike) if you have questions.
Captain Jax

Postby Captain Jax » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:57 pm

DShrike,

This is actually happening pretty commonly with the DLC issue. This has been driving our QA team insane trying to figure out, as we have not been able to reproduce the problem here, and at this point we think it may be a lost cause. :cry:

However, the work-around seems to work in pretty much every case (at least I haven't had any verified cases of it not working). The thing to do is this: Use that new account that CAN access the game, and start a local multiplayer game and invite your wife's account. Log out with the player who started the game. Have your wife save the game. She should then be able to load that saved game from the main menu and have it load without troubles. If you have any questions about this, or it doesn't work for you, let me know.

Here is a link to the post that discovered the work-around:
viewtopic.php?p=48635#p48635
Captain Jax

Postby Captain Jax » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:03 pm

jensixstones wrote:It's been months and I'm still waiting for a fix. I've played through several times, changed my avatar, re-downloaded both the game and DLC--all to no avail. It's too bad I can't get a refund for the DLC since that has never worked. :(
-Jen

Jen,

Have you tried the work-around mentioned in the post above?
jensixstones

Postby jensixstones » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:43 am

Sure enough, I can play the DLC from another user on my machine. Sweet!

Thank you for your help!
Captain Jax

Postby Captain Jax » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:49 pm

jensixstones wrote:Sure enough, I can play the DLC from another user on my machine. Sweet!

Thank you for your help!

Glad to hear it!
InvisibleMan

Postby InvisibleMan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:33 am

Captain Jax wrote:DShrike,

This is actually happening pretty commonly with the DLC issue. This has been driving our QA team insane trying to figure out, as we have not been able to reproduce the problem here, and at this point we think it may be a lost cause. :cry:

HI, I had the same loading screen issue with the Alien DLC as everyone else in this reply chain, and the solution of starting the game with a non-Xbox LIVE account worked!

I was thinking though, have you guys given a thought that it might be an issue with the cloud saves? Not that I saved any of the AWoK games in the cloud, but is it possible that the game doesn't know what to make out of that save location? I mention this because I got an error message the first time I jumped into the Alien DLC Multiplayer with my cloud save-enabled account that stated "the hard drive associated with this game has been disconnected" or something to that effect. It then closed the game, but when we went back in with Xbox LIVE disabled the message did not come up and we have been able to play the DLC game with no issues after that.
Mclovinlady182

Postby Mclovinlady182 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Ok so the loading problem is still an issue for me and it been 5 MONTHS! I have done the update yet it still doesn't work!! I'm really frustrated by this as xbox live will not refund my points as an 'update' patch is available!
Please help as I hav no clue wots up!!
I am a gold member and hav a new xbox since downloading game if that helps? :(
Captain Jax

Postby Captain Jax » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Mclovinlady182 wrote:Ok so the loading problem is still an issue for me and it been 5 MONTHS! I have done the update yet it still doesn't work!! I'm really frustrated by this as xbox live will not refund my points as an 'update' patch is available!
Please help as I hav no clue wots up!!
I am a gold member and hav a new xbox since downloading game if that helps? :(

Have you tried to use the work-around yet?
Mclovinlady182

Postby Mclovinlady182 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 pm

I have tried the workaround and other various methods but it still will not load
Yem

Postby Yem » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:38 pm

So what's the deal with the never ending loading screen for the DLC? I've tried everything posted in this thread, including the so called "work around"

I'd like to play the DLC. Is there a solid fix, or am I screwed out of 320MS points?
Captain Jax

Postby Captain Jax » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:06 pm

So, just to make sure, you created a brand new account on your Xbox, and started up the game with that account. You still get the never-ending loading screen?
Yem

Postby Yem » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:11 pm

That's correct

Return to “A World of Keflings”