Known Problems (Official List)

Discussion about A World of Keflings

Moderator: ninjabees

PurpleMushroomz

Re: Known Problems (Official List)

Postby PurpleMushroomz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:12 pm

Thought that I'd at least document this so you guys at NinjaBee have something to remind you guys.

When Jason, aka Jeyefunk, joined my game I had him test the Ratbeard glitch so he could see for himself. I also restarted and had him rejoin so he could have a save game to test other bugs from.

After I left and he saved the game, he immediately pointed out that the only builder I had was Brodie. I didn't pay much attention to the Forest Kingdom so I figured that the previous owner of this game didn't activate the other builders. He had me go back from my save game, to the forest kingdom, so I did. Only builder I had was Brodie, so anticipating his next question... I went back to the Ice Kingdom, and there were all the builders.

Jason then asked me what I see in the Forest Kingdom. I didn't pay much attention the first time around so I went back and noticed... my map reset to how it is at the beginning of Chapter 2. The only buildings I had were what you start off with in Chapter 2 with no access back to the Desert Kingdom.

I restarted my save game and tried completing all quests in Desert Kingdom before going back to Forest Kingdom, to see if I needed to finish the level to recover what was built in Forest... but the same thing happened. It was reset to Chapter 2 in what was available.

Jason and I started bouncing some theories on the cause of the bug and I brought up that the save was from someone else's game who quit immediately when I joined their game. My thoughts were that since I did not participate in chapters 1-4 and most of Chapter 5, the game did not count me as having completed those quests up to the point of my save... so that's why the builders did not appear in the desert kingdom, and when I went back to the forest kingdom... I wasn't there for Chapter 1, so the game treated it like this was my first visit to the Forest Kingdom.

Later on last night, I thought I'd double check the ice kingdom...to see what state it was in since I didn't actually pay attention the first time I went back to find the builders. Strangely, ice kingdom was still the way the original game owner left it with everything that he built.

My thoughts are that either game progress data is not transferred to new owners of the game, or...
data is transferred to the new owner, but the transfer got interrupted when the original owner immediately quit upon me joining his game.... giving me only what he completed in Chapter 1.
New GamerTag : MaxSterling
chachchacha

Postby chachchacha » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:37 am

I lost one of my three silkworms. I had all three sitting together at the Oasis. The next time I started my file and began building the silk weaver, one of them disappeared. I have completely searched the world and I know I'm not the only one to have this problem. Surely there must be a way to remedy this. There is no way to progress without the third worm.
INeedSomeHelp

Postby INeedSomeHelp » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:24 pm

I have the If you don't finish the paint shop before sending the princess away, you won't be able to finish the "painting the town red" quest problem. How do you fix it? :(
Thooper

Postby Thooper » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:45 pm

Thank you for this bug list. I was going crazy building towers and getting NOTHING for it, and couldn't find any reason why on the net, until I scanned your bug list. Phew...

Now I can get back to it.
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:54 pm

INeedSomeHelp wrote:I have the If you don't finish the paint shop before sending the princess away, you won't be able to finish the "painting the town red" quest problem. How do you fix it? :(

That should be fixed in the interim update: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=34299

Namely, the quest prompt should go away. You can't finish the quest, because the princess is the one who gave it to you, and you sent her away, but it should no longer show in your "What's Next" with this update.
Theilicus

Postby Theilicus » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:00 am

I was playing a world of keflings and i accidently pushed my wall constructor building moving left against a wall i made for keeping my sheep in a pen.....

The shape of the building is as follows where the brackets "]" are the edge of my wall.... the X's mark the shape structure itself.....

]
]XXX
]XOXX
]

i moved to the spot labeled with the O and tried to push the building to the right to get it away from the wall and to then continue moving the building

the game glitched and the building disappeared and where it was is now looks like spotty rubble or bricks where i can no longer walk..... cant activate or move the building... cant break the building

saving and reloading does not fix the issue, traveling away to the ice kingdom and back does not fix the issue

im not sure what to do from here other then start a new game since i cant build a new wall constructor and the auto save kicked in as well so my normal save file and auto save are both at this state
TanTheMan93

Postby TanTheMan93 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:10 am

Hey, thanks for the clear steps. I, and some others here at NinjaBee, have tried this and have had no luck reproducing it. Does it happen if you start a new game? Does it happen if you don't build up your kingdom at all? (meaning you start playing around with walls and the wall constructor as soon as you get to the forest kingdom).

If you could give us any more info on what was going on at the time that would be very helpful (multiplayer, ilomilo building, raskulls building, quests, etc.)
Theilicus

Postby Theilicus » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:26 am

sorry for posting that in two different places on the forum i just wasnt sure where to post it specifically
SannaSK

Postby SannaSK » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:20 am

Gennady25X wrote:
SuperJai wrote:No, there are no other builders trapped anywhere. Plus, it does work sometimes and the builder always moves up to the new item when I create it, they just won't lift it.

I'm not sure if this helps but try moving away from them, as in get them out of the screen, i think they will bring the pieces to you only if you are far enough from them

I'm not sure if the rest of SuperJai's post is in this thread? I'm pretty sure I just read this whole thread, and this is the only one that comes close to talking about the thing I've seen.

I queue several objects, perhaps collectibles, perhaps things for buildings, perhaps stockpiles. Perhaps even from more than one production/collectible building. I pick up the first one myself, and walk off to where I want to go with it. And wait. and wait. and wait and wait and wait. And walk back to see.... all my builders standing at one of the buildings, just staring at whatever's on the platform. Like they're daring each other to pick it up first.

No you go first.

I don't think so! It looks dangerous and you're stronger than me. You pick it up.

Omg she's right there, it's a freaking garden trellis, will one of you lugs just pick the durn thing up already?

Sometimes if I pick up the object on the platform, a builder will pick up the one after that, and then everything's fine. And this doesn't happen terribly often.... maybe less than 20% of the time. Annnddd so far I haven't noticed it in my still-playing-through game, only in my completed-all-quests just-prettifying-everything game. But it's happened often enough that it's kinda frustrating, and I wonder if I'm doing something wrong? Or if I should just /kick them a couple times and then they'll wake up?

(Also, tangentially related... not so much a bug, but funny. I made a rose bush and decided that I wanted it right next to my florist building. Like, right next. Touching the building. Not near the platform, but near another side. And one of the builders goes and picks up the rose bush and starts following me around. Took me 5 minutes to go 'why is he carrying that rose bush? where did he get it?' Then I took it and put it back up next to the florist building. He picks it up again and starts following me. So help me, Doug, put the rose bush down and leave it alone! Anyway, TLDR I guess you can't decorate around your collectible buildings with the same time of collectible that the building produces X D)
wndring_pilgrm

Postby wndring_pilgrm » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:49 pm

I queue several objects, perhaps collectibles, perhaps things for buildings, perhaps stockpiles. Perhaps even from more than one production/collectible building. I pick up the first one myself, and walk off to where I want to go with it. And wait. and wait. and wait and wait and wait. And walk back to see.... all my builders standing at one of the buildings, just staring at whatever's on the platform. Like they're daring each other to pick it up first.

No you go first.

I don't think so! It looks dangerous and you're stronger than me. You pick it up.

Omg she's right there, it's a freaking garden trellis, will one of you lugs just pick the durn thing up already?

Sometimes if I pick up the object on the platform, a builder will pick up the one after that, and then everything's fine. And this doesn't happen terribly often.... maybe less than 20% of the time. Annnddd so far I haven't noticed it in my still-playing-through game, only in my completed-all-quests just-prettifying-everything game. But it's happened often enough that it's kinda frustrating, and I wonder if I'm doing something wrong? Or if I should just /kick them a couple times and then they'll wake up?

No, you didn't do anything wrong per se. And I wish that kicking those builders' butts in gear would fix the issue, but alas, it won't either. I had the same thing happen to me except instead of 20% of the time it was 100% of the time. (however, that was in the Forest Kingdom only: the Ice Kingdom worked fine and I didn't get to the Desert Kingdom because this glitch was so annoying) I'm pretty sure it's the game's reaction to you placing too many of your production buildings too close together. I did that on the file that was glitching and when I created a new game and made sure there was adequate space between all the buildings, my builders NEVER did the stupor stare. Do you happen to remember if your buildings (especially the production buildings) were too close together?
Hands up, nice and slow... ah yeah...
SannaSK

Postby SannaSK » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Hm! On my completed-and-prettifying game, I did have a tendency to place production buildings pretty close together. I didn't know about the "shove them right up next to each other" thing (ie, putting the stone cutter where the platform touches a production building so that the cut stone will automatically get dumped into the building) so buildings weren't touching, and by the time I found out I could do that I was all 'done' with that game so I don't think I ever did it in that one. But buildings were probably... hm, I'd say, they had a 2-square space between them. Maybe 1 in a couple of cases.

On my second playthrough, I am doing the push-up-next-to thing, so I'll pay attention to see if/when the builders freak out.
Starphyer

Postby Starphyer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:18 pm

* Save file overwritten by another player's save (bug #20126)
Rare, unconfirmed, reported by one player.

Make that two players. This happened to my sister and I today.

We thought we had found a solution, but it turned out to not work the way we thought it would. We play multiplayer on each others' games a lot, so we assumed the problem was that I, on her game, saved over mine by accident, and she, on my game, saved over hers by accident, which caused our save files to switch. So, I was loading her kingdom, and she was loading mine. We fixed it by both going into our respective games and saving over our switched files and we thought it resolved the issue. However, I realized, upon trying to reload my saved file, that the file we thought was mine was actually her from an earlier point in time (shortly before she returned to the Forest Kingdom).

I suppose losing my game could be a result of the save-swapping mentioned above, but I believe this 'solution' is something that should be looked into.

Ask yourself these questions: When the other person 'saved over' your game file, were you on multiplayer? Did you, on the other person's game, save over yours by accident?, etc. It might just be a misunderstanding like my situation. Though my game is lost, perhaps others' are not.
jasonf1083

Postby jasonf1083 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:53 am

Maybe Ive missed it in the forum, but im having a problem with Scoobs, When i put pieces in the queue and the pop up, if its Scoobs turn to grab a piece, he just stands there, in the way...i grab the piece, and he moves to wait til his next turn to carry, but will NOT pick up the piece, nor bring it to me....any ideas???
PurpleMushroomz

Postby PurpleMushroomz » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:12 pm

jasonf1083 wrote:Maybe Ive missed it in the forum, but im having a problem with Scoobs, When i put pieces in the queue and the pop up, if its Scoobs turn to grab a piece, he just stands there, in the way...i grab the piece, and he moves to wait til his next turn to carry, but will NOT pick up the piece, nor bring it to me....any ideas???

From what I've gathered, the brother's AI will only pick up the pieces in their sequence.
If you have 5 brothers :
brother 1 will only pick up pieces 1,6,11,16
brother 2 will only pick up pieces 2,7,12,17
brother 3 will only pick up pieces 3,8,13,18
brother 4 will only pick up pieces 4,9,14,19
brother 5 will only pick up pieces 5,10,15,20

If you pick up scooby's piece, he won't take another piece until another 5 are built because it's not his turn in sequence.
New GamerTag : MaxSterling
jasonf1083

Postby jasonf1083 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:31 pm

From what I've gathered, the brother's AI will only pick up the pieces in their sequence.
If you have 5 brothers :
brother 1 will only pick up pieces 1,6,11,16
brother 2 will only pick up pieces 2,7,12,17
brother 3 will only pick up pieces 3,8,13,18
brother 4 will only pick up pieces 4,9,14,19
brother 5 will only pick up pieces 5,10,15,20

If you pick up scooby's piece, he won't take another piece until another 5 are built because it's not his turn in sequence.[/quote]
He is not picking up any pieces, will just stand in the way of tthe next piece in line, till I pick it and move it, then next time around he does the same thing....he will never touch the piece, I only have the three guys from the first 2 worlds.

Return to “A World of Keflings”