Available now!

Discussion about the NinjaBee-designed Real-published WiiWare game

Moderator: ninjabees

stay
NinjaBee

Available now!

Postby stay » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:58 pm

Boingz is available now, for 1000 Wii Points, downloadable through the WiiWare channel on a Wii connected to the internet.

There's more information about the game here: http://www.wiiware-world.com/games/wiiware/boingz
AC91

Re: Available now!

Postby AC91 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:43 am

Wow, short notice. I haven't even had time to beat keflings! I'll have to get it soon though.
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:28 am

AC91 wrote:I haven't even had time to beat keflings!

Noooo! Don't beat the poor keflings! Oh, wait... you were probably talking about... OK, never mind!
Zee

Postby Zee » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:43 pm

Time to actually play my Wii again. I hope it still works.
ImageImage
AC91

Postby AC91 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:50 am

stay wrote:
AC91 wrote:I haven't even had time to beat keflings!

Noooo! Don't beat the poor keflings! Oh, wait... you were probably talking about... OK, never mind!

Yeah, I'm never gonna get Big Bully because I'm against kefling violence.
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:59 am

AC91 wrote:Yeah, I'm never gonna get Big Bully because I'm against kefling violence.

Haha, that would be awesome. We could form a club, Giants Against Kefling Abuse. If you ever have that achievement on your gamercard, you're OUT!

Dang it. Now I'm sad that I got the achievement.
ATC 1982

Postby ATC 1982 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:01 am

That was my 2nd achievemnet I got. Huess I am for Kefling violence.
AKFK - 200/200 as of 04May09
AC91

Postby AC91 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:25 am

So I downloaded this game earlier, and like always, NinjaBee kills!

It took a while to get used to, but once I did it was addicting as all get out. It reminds me of Cloning Clyde in the subtle ways, like how the puzzles and such work. It's also like Eets in ways. I like how each level basically consists of two parts. First I was having to figure out how to get through it, then I had to execute it perfectly to beat the level.

I am a little disappointed, because it took away my Keflings time! Why do they both have to come out right around the same time!

So I have some questions about making a game for the Wii as opposed to the 360, and being under a different publisher. Do you have as much communication with Nintendo as you would with XBLA? Is it harder to support online (since Boingz really doesn't have any online features)? What all did Real do with the game? And are updates or DLC possible at all?
Marmosetofdeath
NinjaBee

Postby Marmosetofdeath » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:15 pm

AC91 wrote:So I have some questions about making a game for the Wii as opposed to the 360, and being under a different publisher. Do you have as much communication with Nintendo as you would with XBLA? Is it harder to support online (since Boingz really doesn't have any online features)? What all did Real do with the game? And are updates or DLC possible at all?

Communication with Nintendo was different than our communication with Microsoft. This is because of two basic reasons. One, as you mentioned, we were working with a publisher on this game, rather than publishing it ourselves. Two, it was Nintendo, and they function differently than Microsoft. They, and our publisher, Real Arcade, were great to work with.

I don't known if we can honestly say how hard online support for the Wii is compared to the 360 seeing as we didn't do any in Boingz :) Online support is never a trivial thing to implement, regardless of platform. On top of any technical challenges, lot check/standards issues need to be addressed as well. My guess, and I'm not one of the programmers who actually have to implement the feature, is that it is Wii online support is simply different, not harder that 360 support.

Real approached us and asked if we had any ideas for a WiiWare game. We pitched them Boingz, and they funded and published the game.
Iduno

Postby Iduno » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:32 pm

I'm kind of busy with the new prince of persia and luminous arc 2 at the moment but I'll be sure to pick this up sometime since it sounds pretty cool.
Image Image

Return to “Boingz”